QR Codes Marry Print with Mobile Marketing
By Hank Vincent
How do you get your marketing messages into the hands of your target audience when they’re on the go? Consider QR (Quick Response) codes.
QR codes are printed images that when scanned or photographed by a smartphone’s camera, will instantly pull up text, photos, email, IMs, music, videos or websites.
As a result, QR codes transform a printed piece into a mobile marketing powerhouse. QR codes can be placed anywhere, from the back of a business card to the side of a building. Once a QR code is scanned, it will connect the user to almost any kind of specialized and personalized message you can imagine, including:
• Coupons and special offers at the point-of-purchase
• Billboards or posters that take scanners to a microsite with campaign-specific information or offers
• Product labels that, for example, connect to assembly instructions
• Print ads or direct mail that lead to videos
• Presentation materials that link to additional data and resources
• Trade show booths to gather leads and deliver downloads in multimedia formats
QR code marketing is still in its early stages. So before you dive in, talk to Allegra. We’ll help you avoid the pitfalls and make the most of this new technology’s awesome potential.
Want to see a QR code in action? Flip to the back page.